The title may be a bit misleading. Yes, we’re having a giveaway, but we’re giving away so much more than just a copy of Backbone.js Patterns and Best Practices. I’m also giving away my personal computer, the rest of my physical book collection, all of my passwords for all of my online accounts, half of my income each month for the rest of my life, aaaannnddd you’ll take over as Google’s CEO. I hope that was sufficiently obvious that it was an April Fool’s joke, which of course is obligatory when posting on this day.
The introduction paragraph wasn’t entirely false though. We are giving away “so much more” than just a copy of Backbone.js Patterns and Best Practices. In fact we’re tripling that: we’re giving away 3 copies of the ebook, 1 to each of 3 lucky winners. I guess we might as well start out with a quick look at the book.
If you haven’t my review of Backbone.js Patterns and Best Practices, you may want to check that out to get my opinion on the book. Also, if you don’t win a copy of the book, you can always purchase it directly from Packt Publishing or from Amazon.
- Develop custom plugins and mixins to reduce boilerplate in your code
- Learn about Backbone.js view management with nested views, subviews, layout manager, and MarionetteJS views
- Understand template management by storing and pre-compiling templates
- Explore model validation with validation plugins and learn model serialization and relational data management with nested models
- Work with collections to implement multiple sorting and filtering behavior
- Create solid application architecture with AMD and different popular design patterns
You have a few ways to enter:
- Leave a comment below (make sure your comment profile has your actual email address) saying “I want it because…” and finish the sentence by stating what your most looking forward to reading about in the book.
- Post a tweet on Twitter that says “I wanna win ‘Backbone Patterns and Best Practices’ from @joezimjs! http://ow.ly/vhAcH #BBPBPGiveaway”. Retweets from other people’s entries count too.
- Post a message on Google+ and/or Facebook that says “I wanna win ‘Backbone Patterns and Best Practices’ from joezimjs.com! http://ow.ly/vhAcH“ Afterward leave a comment on this page with links to each post you put up. You may add these links to the end of the comment that you post for the first option to enter.
You may use any or all of methods of entry, and you gain one entry for each one you do. You may use each method of entry only once for a maximum of 4 total entries: 1 comment stating why you want the book, 1 Twitter post, 1 Google+ Post, and 1 Facebook post.
On May 1, 2014, I will randomly select 3 winning entries. I will contact each of the winners that day. If you win via your Twitter post, I will contact you via direct message on Twitter, otherwise, I will contact you through the email address that is used for your comment. Please use a real email address in your comments so that you can be contacted. If I don’t receive a reply from a chosen winner within 30 days, the winner will become ineligible and I will randomly draw a new winner to replace that winner. The same 30 day cycle will apply for any new winners.
All entries must be in by April 30, 2014 at 11:59PM Central Standard Time. Any entries added after that do not count toward the giveaway.
Thanks everyone! Good luck! God bless and Happy Coding!